Pre Trial Diversion is a great option if you qualify. It's usually only for first time offenders, and you must be approved for it by the DA. Generally, you'll submit a pack of info explaining why you're a good candidate for it, and if everything checks out, you'll "admit," not "plea" guilty.
1) Turn in packet
2) If you qualify, you'll admit guilt (not plea)
3) You'll be put on "probation" like conditions - the time and type of conditions will vary depending on what you're accused of.
4) If you finish successfully, your case will be dismissed
5) Then, unlike deferred adjudication, you'll be able to EXPUNGE your record.
6) If you violate your conditions, your case will get "reset" back to the begnining, and you can fight your case as if it was your first day back in court.
A pre trial diversion is like a "Handshake" with the DA. If you do everything right, your case will disappear, and it'll almost be like it never happened.
Give my office a call if you want to talk about your options,
J Julio Vela